This Living Wage Week, join Cllr Huw Thomas (Leader of Cardiff Council), Citizens Cymru, Wales Millennium Centre and other accredited employers and employees from across Cardiff to celebrate progress over the past three years and hear about what’s next in Making Cardiff a Living Wage City.
The agenda includes
The Journey so far…
- Cllr Huw Thomas will share more about progress over the last three years, how creating a Living Wage City has benefitted the local economy and Council support for accredited employers
- Other speakers will include Cynnal Cymru, Spark (Cardiff’s first Living Wage Building) and employees who have had an uplift to the rLW
Why is the Living Wage more important than ever?
- Cardiff based employers will share more about the benefits of paying the real Living Wage and becoming accredited
- Cardiff University will present recent research on organisational benefits of paying the rLW
The vision for the next three years….
- Learn more about the aspirations of people across Cardiff with regards to employment and the importance of initiatives such as the Community Jobs Compact
- Understand the next phase of Making Cardiff a Living Wage City and how you can get involved
To sign up, please follow the link below: